The advent of BIM has been one of the most exciting new technological advances in the design field over the past few years. This tool has significantly enabled us to increase the quality of our design documents, while providing team members with critical information.
BIM allows us to take advantage of the following elements:
- Accurate steel members
- Accurate connections
- Accurate 3D positioning
- Simulation of equipment requirements
- Piping, ducting, conduit coordination
- Accurate equipment sizing and location
- Overlap with other 3D elements to identify collisions
- Simulation of access for maintenance and repair of equipment
View our short BIM videos at right to see some of the ways BIM enhances our design process.